Wahey…I’ve been nominated for an award! *Happy Dance*
The Liebster Award is an internet-based award given to bloggers, by other bloggers. I would like to say thank you SO much to The Willow Tree for choosing me to nominate. It’s 4 weeks today that I first launched my blog, and it is beyond anything I could have expected that I would be acknowledged as a blogger worthy of any award! So thank you, once again.
I feel passionately about blogging because it brings people together. Sharing our thoughts, experiences, ideas and knowledge with others connects us with likeminded individuals who share our interests. It enables us to express ourselves in words, and by writing them down, it allows us the luxury of taking our time to choose the ‘right’ ones. Even though I’ve only been blogging for a month, my posts have inspired some seriously heartfelt conversations, engaging discussions and hilarious stories from others, which is incredibly rewarding and the biggest motivation you could ask for. Through blogging, I’ve re-discovered my love for writing. Creativity + connectivity = good for the soul!
About the Award…
Rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
2. Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself
4. Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nominations
5. Give them 11 questions to answer
Here are the 11 questions I was asked by The Willow Tree
Why do you blog?
I became a Mum almost a year ago, and I wanted to be able to create something honest, funny, relatable and informative that I would have enjoyed and benefit from reading myself, had I discovered something like it sooner. It’s also a form of therapy to me, putting a ‘pen to paper’ so to speak. It’s actually really liberating!
Where was your last holiday?
My husband’s parents have a beautiful house on the Costa Brava, Spain. My husband and I went there with our daughter who was 6 months old at the time, a group of friends and their kids. It was our first family holiday!
If you could be a Disney Princess which one would you be and why?
That’s easy, Belle from ‘Beauty and the Beast’! She is unapologetically her own person, openly resisting expectations of those around her. She carries herself with dignity and grace, is in no way superficial, thinks for herself and loves to read. I actually gave my daughter the middle name ‘Belle’ after her!
Cat or Dog?
I have nothing against cats (except that I’m allergic!), but I’m going to have to go with dog. My family never had a pet cat, and whilst I enjoy the personalities of cats, and their YouTube videos are undeniably the more amusing of the two, I’m definitely more canine-inclined.
What’s your biggest regret?
I try not to have regrets, as I feel that life wouldn’t be what it is now if I hadn’t walked the same path….BUT, if I have to pick something, it’d be that in my younger years, I used to let low self esteem cause me to make decisions and get into situations that I wasn’t actually happy with.
What are the three things you cannot live without?
I’m going to be very cliché and predictable here and say my family (if they count as a thing?), my phone (even though I have various devices…my phone is the hub of absolutely everything!) and my cup of coffee first thing in the morning when my daughter wakes up for the day and I’m shuffling around the kitchen, squinty-eyed in my dressing gown.
What is your favourite city you’ve visited?
Oh, I’ve loved so many places for so many different reasons! It’s hard to pick just one, so I’ll go with the first that popped into my head, and that’s Taormina, in Sicily. My husband and I went there years ago as an extension to our trip to Italy for our friends’ wedding. We were just stunned by the breathtaking views, the FOOD (oh my goodness, the food!), gorgeous traditions like huge Sicilian wedding parties parading the streets, the history and architecture (think ‘The Godfather’ vibes!). The whole place had such a unique, glamorous and vibrant feel. I cried on our last day because we’d had the best time and I didn’t want it to end! We’ve already been back once again.
What’s your top tip for self care?
Before I had my daughter, I would have said taking nice long baths (I’m talking in the league of 2 hours!) with Epsom salts and essential oils, candles etc. I don’t do this anymore because our bathroom is right by my girl’s room and I’m scared to death of waking her up! So now I would say, go make-up free whenever you can. Let your skin breathe, and get to know your ‘real’ face. Then when you do get made up, it’s not a mask but a complementary spruce, and hopefully on better skin for it!
I’m all about the bubbles. Can’t beat the buzz of that first glass of champagne or prosecco!
If you could go back in time to meet someone who would it be?
I would love to go back and meet the Ancient Egyptians to find out how and why they built the pyramids. The more I learn about it, the more it blows my mind!
What is you biggest accomplishment?
My biggest accomplishment has to be my daughter. She’s such a wonderful creature. Every day I watch her learn and grow, developing qualities I wish I had myself! She’s a funny, happy little soul and I couldn’t be prouder of who is and who she’s becoming.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I can’t go to sleep without PJs
- I go make-up free most days
- My ears are slightly lower than they should be
- I had my daughter on her due date
- My husband and I met on a dating site
- After all these years, I still love Britney
- I haven’t got a favourite food
- I love to walk
- I probably only wear about 15% of the clothes I own
- I’m obsessed with metallic finishes
- I can be a real stress-head
My Nominated Bloggers
My 11 Question for Nominated Bloggers to Answer
- If you could be any mythical creature, what would it be and why?
- Would you rather be chased by 10 duck sized horses, or 1 horse sized duck?
- Which on-screen couple do you relate to the most? (If you’re single, which couple are ‘goals’?)
- If you had to do without a body part, which would you choose and why?
- What’s something that your mind always does, that you wish it wouldn’t?
- Do you have a favourite photo of yourself? Why is it your favourite?
- What subject could you give an on-the-spot 30 minute presentation on?
- What trend do you hope comes back around? (This could be a trend in any field, not limited to fashion!)
- If you had to ‘make’ something with your hands, what material would you work with, and why?
- What’s the funniest thing that’s happened to you, that no one was around to see?
- What is your ‘guilty pleasure’?
For those bloggers who choose to accept their nomination, I look forward to reading your answers! Good Luck!